Mark III is in the process of transforming from a construction-based company to a manufacturing-based company.
We have proven that real change is possible with our manufacturing processes and standardized/engineered products. Beyond implementing off-site manufacturing and on-site installation of MEP wall-panels, we are also working to standardize and optimize the way common units (such as medical exam rooms and restrooms) are designed, engineered, manufactured, and installed. To learn more check out the project case study.
As we continue to live our company’s mission, Leading The Evolution of Construction, and work towards our vision, Expose the World to a New Way to Build, all fingers point towards the need for a Director of Product Development.
This position will be dedicated to looking at how building components can be productized and fed into standard Revit templates, allowing projects to begin at the manufacturing process. The ideal candidate will have a start-up mentality and drive to leave the industry better than it is today.
- Understand and become an ambassador of our mission of “Leading the Evolution of Construction” and help us evolve the company and the industry as a whole
- Content generation – Ownership and Development of the Mark III product catalog
- Content deployment – Design for Manufacturing and Assembly at a project/customer level
- Content management and process automation – Model > Manufacturing > Feedback that needs to come back to model
- Content compatible for manufacturing – Select software that can directly feed template information into equipment in manufacturing facility to automate processes
- Business development and client management
- Development of a software-based solution that allows architects and owners to easily incorporate our products into their projects
- Look, listen, and learn – Understand the company, the people, and the current process
- Architect or Structural Engineer is preferred
- Have led a team of 10+
- Expert with Autodesk, specifically Revit
- Experience with metal stud framing components and design
- Experience with modular and manufacturing (DfMA)
- Experience developing IP and the process of applying for and securing patents
This is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join the game and join us on our mission to Lead the Evolution of Construction and together we will illuminate the revolutionary steps we need to take in an industry that is thirsty for change.
About Mark III
Named Best Place to Work by the Sacramento business journal 6 consecutive years, Mark III Construction is a commercial and industrial construction company headquartered in Sacramento, California. Founded in 1976, Mark III started as an electrical contractor with a vision to become a multi-trade construction company. Fast-forward, Mark III’s footprint extends from Central to Northern California with additional operating offices in Fresno.
Mark III takes a big picture approach to the construction process self-performing electrical, plumbing, processed piping, HVAC, low voltage, underground, pre-fabrication, and MEP design. Instead of multiple consultants and countless sub-contractors, the customer works with just one company to eliminate multiple profit layers and complexity of schedules. With an impressive project history in the industrial, commercial, biotechnology, and food-grade technology industries we are able to perform initial construction, tenant improvements, and remodeling.
From construction to service, Mark III has the capabilities to support you from the beginning of your project to preventative maintenance for years after. In addition, our dedicated service team is available for 24/7 emergency service and has the capabilities to perform plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general maintenance repairs, and much more.